The intention of the awards is to recognize individuals, groups or corporates who are making a contribution to the advancement of Facilities Management within the South African FM Industry.
After discussions with the judges it is proposed that only three award categories are offered on an ongoing basis; with a special Chairman’s’ Award being considered in special circumstances. The suggested categories are as follows:
- Award for excellence in FM
- Facilities Manager of the Year
- FM Young Achiever of the Year
- Technology Implementation of the Year
- Chairman’s Award
|Entries open||01 August 2017|
|Submissions/Entries received by||01 November 2017|
|Judging||01 December 2017 – 17 January 2017|
|Awards dinner||07 February 2018|
Global FM Awards Winners
The Global FM Awards, organised by Global FM, the worldwide alliance of facilities management membership organisations, aim to elevate the very best facilities management projects to a global stage. All of the entries highlighted the role that FM professionals play in supporting and enabling business performance.
Two SAFMA members made it through to the second round of judging – congratulations to 1 Discovery Place and the Bidvest Technical Learnership Programme.
The 2017 winners are:
- Platinum Award of Excellence in FM – IFMA: Creating a Model for Sustainable FM, Compass Properties, USA
- Gold Award of Excellence in FM – IFMA: Leadership in Professional FM, Jack Christensen, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, USA
- Silver Award of Excellence in FM – SAFMA, 1 Discovery Place, South Africa
Jaclyn Lee, co-ordinator of the Global FM Awards 2017, said: “It was a great privilege to coordinate this year’s Awards programme and work with such talented individuals.
“The submissions for the 2017 Global FM Awards represented extremely innovative projects and strategies that highlight the great advancements occurring in the facilities management industry. Congratulations to all the winners and we look forward to next year’s programme.”